Law firms are all too aware of the strain that crucial but unbillable tasks such as marketing, time management and pitch development have on revenue loss. Whilst most law firms will already be used to using automation solutions for case management, client communication and invoicing, there are further legal tech tools that can both increase accuracy and decrease the time it takes to complete tasks outside of client responsibilities that whilst vital are non-billable.
Business development or pitch teams are one such department within a law firm who are traditionally responsible for some of the largest amount of non-billable tasks. it is not unusual for a law firm to spend hundreds of non-billable hours each year on client marketing tasks, one of the reasons being due to considerable amount of time and hard work it can take to create business critical documents such as client pitches.
By automating key document drafting tasks and alleviating these from your pitch team, they can generate professional pitch documents quickly and easily. With document automation software, not only can you ensure your branding remains consistent, but that your content is approved and up to date and annoying formatting issues are alleviated.
PitchPerfect provides a unique solution to these challenges faced by business development departments within law firms. Our innovative technology delivers high quality, professional looking pitch documents in a fraction of the time compared to traditional methods. PitchPerfect takes care of the layout and formatting of your templates, matching your brand guidelines, so that your team has more time to focus on valuable tasks, such as formulating winning pitching strategies.
By using Microsoft SharePoint as the CMS, PitchPerfect encourages firms to centralise their pitch content and streamline the way in which they store manage and update their information. This then links seamlessly into Word or PowerPoint, steering clear of wizards and other applications that obstruct the flow while minimising document corruption and the duplication of content and effort.
- It works within the familiar environment of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- As an optional extra: an easy to use self-service (for lawyers/attorneys) content approval system.
- The PitchPerfect Administrator enables you to manage your ribbon and search forms without having to roll-out a new application or pay the vendor (i.e. Enable) to make these changes.
- The PitchPerfect ribbon is flexible so that it can include native Word and PowerPoint features, PitchPerfect content insertion, and other PitchPerfect functions which can include bespoke functions from the organisation concerned.
- The ribbon is contextual; the function buttons can appear depending on which template is being used, e.g. Pitch, Short or Long CV/Bio, Team sheet etc. The function buttons can also be restricted depending on which user are accessing the systems and their access rights.
Key PitchPerfect Benefits
- Create design quality proposal documents quickly and easily
- Save time and allow more focus on creating a unique pitch tailored to the prospect.
- Increase the marketing team’s value by transforming them from being document assemblers to strategic thinkers.
- Differentiate your firm from others with the speed and quality of your documents.
- Customisable tracking and analysis against active and historic pitches
- Understand areas to adapt for best practice to help improve the success rate.
- Analyse win rates by region, practice, sector or fee earner.
- Review performance, and profitability.
- A variety of pitch templates built uniquely to your firm’s branding
- Ensure firm wide consistency.
- Retain and apply formatting and styles for all your content.
- Can be maintained and updated internally.
- Works directly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiar and easy to use by the business development teams but also by fee earners and secretaries.
- Reduce training time and resistance, as no need to learn a new system
- Flexibility and ease-of-use as any other Word or PowerPoint document.
- A centralised content management system in MS SharePoint or Office 365
- Ensure everyone is always using up-to-date and approved content, preventing silos and inconsistent information.
- Automate the process of managing content through workflows and version history tracking
- Structure and tag all content including experience, capabilities, quotes, image and biographies.
- Synchronise with other systems such as CRMs, websites and experience management systems
- Avoid duplication of effort
- Maintain content in the most appropriate system
- Ensure a seamless process of content management
- Logic-based, configurable searching of all content
- Refine searches to ensure most relevant content can be easily found.
- Manage large volumes of diverse content including text, images, graphics and PDFs.
- Respond quickly to RFPs.
- Accessible by any user, anywhere, on any device
- Facilitate collaborative and agile working
- Enable fee earners and key people to access content and documents at crucial times.
- Ensure only current and approved information is used
- Assign tasks and deadlines
- Seamlessly collaborate firm wide.
- keep track of responsibilities and deadlines
- Manage and review all tasks in one place.
Through automating the process of creating pitches and other supporting documents, PitchPerfect gives you more time to focus on tailoring the pitch to meet the specific requirements of your client or prospect.
Creating pitch documents is a vital part of business development and something which should not be over looked. Setting your firm apart from your competitors is a sure way of getting your potential client’s attention. With an ever-increasing number of pitch documents being created, your firm needs to be able to produce professional, sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing pitch content quickly and effectively.
Save time, money and alleviate your team of additional stress.