James is a cybersecurity strategist, responsible for leading and defining product strategy at Tessian. With nearly 10 years experience in the security industry, James has successfully implemented tried-and-tested product strategy and frameworks in high growth organizations. Prior to joining Tessian, James held senior strategy roles at VMWare Carbon Black and CheckPoint Technologies.
Director, Cyber Security Strategy
- Navigating The Dark Corners of Social Engineering Attacks
- Time 15:45-16:00
- Stage The 'Egress' Main Stage
- Law firms face a disproportionate degree of cyber attacks due to the high degree of sensitive data they process
- Attackers have successfully infiltrated law firms through advanced social engineering techniques that exploit human vulnerabilities. These attacks, primarily delivered via email, have led to devastating data breaches.
- Over the past few years there have been multiple high profile attacks on law firms, including one attack that netted the threat actors from China $4 million from trading data they stole from law firms including Cravath Swaine & Moore and Weil Gotshal & Manges
- We will take you through some of the worst social engineering attacks found by Tessian’s Threat Intelligence Team and what you can do to stop them.